1.2 These website allows you to have more information about Amarin, to contact us through the email address provided on the website, to subscribe to our mailing list, to apply through our career opportunities portal, to make requests to us, etc. It also contains a part dedicated to healthcare providers that is only accessible through creation of an account.
2. Legal notice
2.1 This website is published by Amarin UK Ltd., registered in England and Wales No. 13014219, whose registered office is located at address C/O Tmf Group 8th Floor, 20 Farringdon Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 4AB. Amarin can be reached at [email protected] and at the registered office address.
2.2 The website hosting provider is Acquia Inc, whose registered office is located at 53 State Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02109, USA and telephone number is +1 (617) 588-960.
4. Intellectual property
4.1 Unless otherwise expressly stipulated, Amarin is the owner or licensee of the intellectual property rights over the website, whether this concerns its general structure or an element of its content (including but not limited to: texts, slogans, graphics, images, photographs and other content).
4.2 Therefore, any representation, reproduction, modification, alteration and/or total or partial operation of the website and/or an element of its content, by any means whatsoever and on any medium whatsoever (in particular by storing information on another medium), without Amarin’s prior written express consent is prohibited, except where such use is expressly permitted under the exceptions provided for by statutory copyright law (e.g., in case of certain non-commercial uses).
4.3 In particular, brands, logos, corporate names, acronyms, trade names, signs, domain names, product and service names used on this website constitute distinguishing marks or trade names of Amarin or its trading partners that may not be used without the express prior written permission of their owner.
4.5 You acknowledge that the website consists of one or more databases made available by Amarin in its capacity as producer of said databases within the meaning of applicable regulations. You agree not to conduct any direct or indirect, total or partial, qualitatively or quantitatively substantial extraction, use, storage, reproduction, representation or preservation of the content of one or more Amarin’s database without the prior written permission of Amarin. You also agree not to conduct the extraction or repeated and systematic reuse of qualitatively or quantitatively non-substantial parts of the content of one or more databases of Amarin.
4.6 The hypertext links available on the website, leading to other websites and generally towards any resources existing on the Internet, not adopted by Amarin as its own content, do not engage the liability of Amarin. These links are offered as a service and provided merely as a reference to third-party websites which may contain further information. However, all content on linked sites is within the sole responsibility of the party offering such content or the operator of the linked website. Amarin expressly dissociates itself from any views or opinions expressed on these websites which may not necessarily reflect the views of Amarin. Amarin (i) does not assume any liability for the content of these websites not adopted by Amarin as its own content; (ii) is not responsible for the availability of these websites; and (iii) shall in no event be held liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of these websites. Your access to these websites is done at your own risk.
5. Data Protection & Cookies
6. Scope of Obligations & Responsibility of Amarin
- (a) The website and/or its services may be temporarily unavailable due to technical or other issues. Users have no claim to permanent and uninterrupted availability to the website and its services and Amarin is not responsible, and cannot accept liability, in case of unavailability of the website and any service offered on the website for reasons such as the shutdown of the public power grid, the failure of cable telecommunications networks, loss of connectivity to the Internet network due to public or private operators, including one of the users, caused in particular by strikes, storms, earthquakes or any other cause having the characteristics of force majeure as interpreted by the courts;
- (c) Amarin cannot be held liable for any malfunction of any kind relating to the user’s hardware and her/his Internet connection when accessing the website and/or the services offered on the website.
6.2 The information on the website does not constitute under any circumstances medical or
professional services advice. The content provided on the website is for informational purposes only and shall not replace medical advice offered by a healthcare professional.
7. User’s Obligations
- (b) Not to try to damage, hack, reverse engineer or otherwise interfere (collectively, “Interfere”) with the website in any manner whatsoever. If you Interfere in any way with the website, you agree to pay all damages that Amarin could incur;
- (c) Not to access and/or use the website and any service provided by the website for illicit purposes and/or for the purpose of harming the reputation and image of Amarin, or more generally to infringe the rights, including the intellectual property rights of Amarin or any third party;
- (d) Not to use any part of the website and the services it offers, especially for commercial and/or personal purposes, in a form and/or a medium not expressly authorised by Amarin;
- (e) Not to market, directly or indirectly, the access to the website and the services it offers;
- (f) Not to reproduce or represent all or part of the website for private purposes beyond the exceptions permitted by law, or for direct or indirect marketing in particular to third parties;
- (g) Not to restrict the access to, or the use of the website and/or services available via the website;
- (h) Not to change, including in the buffer or temporary memory, any notice or element of the content of the website and/or services available via the website;
- (i) Not to contravene the legal provisions relating to “hacking”.
7.2 In the event of breach of one or more of these provisions, and without this list being exhaustive, you acknowledge and accept that Amarin shall have the right to refuse, unilaterally and without prior notice, access to all or part of the website.
7.3 This website has not been designed to collect safety information relating to Amarin’s products. In case of adverse events or side effects to be reported, please use the following email address: [email protected].
8.1 Entire agreement – Titles
The failure of either party not to claim a breach by the other party to any of the obligations set forth herein shall not be construed in the future as a waiver of the obligation in question.
9. Applicable law and dispute resolution